We help authors, publishers and rights holders develop and market eBooks. We also consult with authors and businesses, helping them increase their online presence by using content marketing and social media to expand their platform and build addressable audiences.
|eBook Development: We design eBooks and convert PDF, MS Word and InDesign files into Amazon Kindle, ePub and PDF eBooks using Adobe publishing tools and custom scripts. We also produce print-on-demand (POD) books using CreateSpace and ghostwrite technology-oriented content. Visit our gallery.|
|eBook Marketing: We provide eBook launch support and distribute eBook files to Amazon, Apple, Barnes & Noble and Kobo. Book launch services include metadata development, reviews, press releases, handout development and leveraging Amazon author services.|
|Online Presence Consulting: Following our three-part planning methodology of discovery, benchmarking and content analysis, we develop a plan that helps individuals and define and manage their online presence. This usually includes website development and optimization, social media coaching and a content publishing strategy.|
Founded in 2002
We began operations in 2003 by providing outsourced e-commerce website services for manufacturers and golf course pro shops. In 2005 we acquired the business-to-business directory Golf Yellow Pages, most recently publishing the 18th edition as the U.S. Golf Course Directory. Click here for more information.
Today we are a team of five independent professionals dedicated to providing quality eBook services and expert guidance on content development and online presence management.
Our blog focuses on three themes: eBook development, eBook marketing and online presence management. When writing about these themes we hold three core beliefs about the future of digital media and marketing.
- Quality will become ever more important.
- Managing your online presence–whether you are an author, executive, business or non-profit–is now a business and personal imperative requiring active management.
- We are all publishers and using content to promote our point of view is the new marketing paradigm.
Save time and sign up for our free newsletter. Receive a recap of each week’s posts automatically delivered to your inbox.
Launched in October 2012, SuccessfulEBookPublishing.com is the companion website for the book of the same title and a resource portal for authors and self-publishers. The site serves as a dashboard to links, news and information about self-publishing.
Top Posts and Articles
- Turning PDF files into eBooks: Benefits and Tradeoffs (Sellbox Blog)
- How Can You Apply X5 Music Group’s Classical Music Marketing Lessons to Ebook Publishing? (Sellbox Blog)
- How Content Marketers Can Reach a Larger Audience by Redefining the eBook (Content Marketing Institute)
- 5 Questions to Ask Before Publishing Your Blog Posts as an eBook on Amazon (Content is Currency)
- Selling E-books Direct to Readers: Options and Considerations (IBPA Independent, print magazine)
David Wogahn founded Sellbox in 2002 and is the author of Successful eBook Publishing and a contributing author to The Book Publishers Toolkit. He is a frequent presenter on the topic of eBook publishing and a regular contributor to the Independent Book Publishers Association’s Independent magazine.
Before founding Sellbox David worked at Los Angeles-based Times Mirror in information technology and business development. He was co-founder of Times Mirror Multimedia and later co-founded and served as COO of a venture capital-backed sports team web services company, the predecessor of today’s CBS College Sports Network.